By accessing and using HausBuddy.com website, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
If you do not agree to any of these terms and conditions, you should not proceed with setting up an account, requesting for a service, submitting information about yourself, or participate in any transaction on HausBuddy.com
Although information on this website is as accurate as practicable, this information is provided without any representation or warranty and in no event shall HausBuddy Limited, or HausBuddy.com or any of its subsidiaries be liable in connection with the use of the information made available, unless specifically stated otherwise.
HausBuddy Limited reserve the right to make changes with respect to the information contained on the websites at any point in time without notice.
The website may provide links to other websites, which are not under the direct control of HausBuddy Limited. We shall not be responsible in any way for the content of such other websites. We provide such links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link to any of such websites does not imply endorsement by us.
Copyright in the websites and their content rests with HausBuddy Limited or its licensors. All rights reserved.
Website means www.hausbuddy.com and any associated Hausbuddy mobile applications.
Service Provider/ServicePro/Hausbuddy Worker: Individual or firm that will be providing the requested services.
Customer / Job Requester: The individual or business that has made the service request or posted a job on Hausbuddy platform.
HausBuddy.com is an online platform for enabling the interactions between customers seeking to obtain services and/or service professionals seeking to provide these services. It is important to note that in agreeing to pay a certain agreed price for a defined scope of service or work, the customer is entering into an agreement or contract with the Service Providers directly and not with HausBuddy.
HausBuddy Limited checks the backgrounds of service providers with all resources available to it, to the best of its ability - either directly or via carefully selected and appropriately regulated third party data verification agencies, identity verification checks to verify the information provided to us.
However, HausBuddy does not guarantee or warrant, and makes no representations regarding, the reliability, quality or suitability of such Service Providers. When interacting with home Service Providers you should exercise caution and common sense to protect your personal safety and property, just as you would when interacting with other persons whom you do not know.
By using the Service, you agree to hold the Company including its directors and employees free from the responsibility for any liability or damage that might arise out of the transaction involved.
Neither HausBuddy limited nor its affiliates nor licensors is responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of the service. HausBuddy Limited and its affiliates and licensors will not be liable for any claim, injury or damage arising in connection with your use of the service.
1. HausBuddy provides the Hausbuddy platform (www.hausbuddy.com) to enable Service Requesters to publish Posted Jobs.
2. HausBuddy Service Providers may make an offer in response to a Posted Job. Parts of the offer details may be made publicly available, including to internet users who are not Users.
3. A Service Requester may revoke or modify a Posted Job at any time before he/she accepts an Offer. HausBuddy reserves the right to cancel all offers on a Posted Job made prior to the modification or amendment.
4. If a Service Requester accepts an Offer from a Service Provider on the HausBuddy platform, a Job Contract is created between the HausBuddy Service Provider and the Service Requester.
5. Upon creation of a Job Contract, the Service Requester must pay the Job Scope Payment into the HausBuddy Escrow Account.
6. Upon creation of a Job Contract, HausBuddy has rendered Hausbuddy Services and the Fees are due and payable.
7. Once the Job Contract is created, the Hausbuddy Service Provider and Service Requester may vary the Job Contract on the HausBuddy platform. The Service Requester and HausBuddy Service Provider are encouraged to use HausBuddy’s private messaging system to amend or vary the Job Contract or to otherwise communicate.
8. The HausBuddy Service Provider must perform the Services required under the Job Contract.
9. Once the Services have been completed, the Service Requester must provide notice of that on the Hausbuddy Platform.
10. Once the Posted Job has been completed and the Service Requester confirms the Services are completed, or if HausBuddy is satisfied the Services have been completed, the Job Scope Payment to the Service Provider will be released from the HausBuddy Escrow Account. The fees charged are deducted prior to payment to the Service Provider.
11. After the Job Contract is completed, the parties are encouraged to review and provide feedback of the Services on the Hausbuddy Platform.
12. Hausbuddy may provide a feature enabling Users to request Services based on another User's skills, reputation or other attributes. When this occurs, that user will be automatically notified of the new Posted Job, and that the Service Requester would like the User to make an Offer to supply Services. However, that User will not have any further special rights and will need to follow the normal offer process to become the Hausbuddy Service provider for the Posted Job.
1. HausBuddy provides the Hausbuddy platform only, enabling Users to publish Posted Jobs and make Offers on Posted Jobs.
2. HausBuddy only permits individuals over 18 years of age to become Users.
3. Users must be natural persons, but can specify within their account description that they represent a legal business entity.
4. At its absolute discretion, HausBuddy may refuse to allow any person to register or create an account with HausBuddy or cancel or suspend any existing account.
5. Registering and creating an account with HausBuddy is free. There is no charge for a Service Requester to post Jobs, or for other HausBuddy Users to review content on the HausBuddy platform, including Posted Jobs. However, a Service Provider placing a Bid or an Offer will attract charges in the form of bidding coins or units.
6. HausBuddy accepts no liability for any aspect of the Service Requester and Hausbuddy Service Provider interaction, including but not limited to the description, performance or delivery of Services.
7. HausBuddy has no responsibility and makes no warranty as to the truth or accuracy of any aspect of any information provided by Users, including, but not limited to, the ability of HausBuddy Service Providers to perform Jobs or supply items, or the honesty or accuracy of any information provided by Service Requesters or the Service Requesters' ability to pay for the Services requested.
8. HausBuddy has no obligation to any User to assist or involve itself in any dispute between Users although may do so to improve User experience.
1. You will at all times:
- Comply with this Agreement (including all Policies) and all applicable laws and regulations;
- Only post accurate information on the Hausbuddy Platform;
- Promptly and efficiently perform obligations to other User under a Job Contract; and
- Ensure that you are aware of any laws that apply to You as a Service Requester or HausBuddy Service Provider, or in relation to using the HausBuddy Platform.
2. You agree that any content (whether provided by HausBuddy Limited, a User or a third party) on the HausBuddy Platform may not be used on third party websites or for other business purposes without HausBuddy’s prior permission.
3. You must not use the HausBuddy Platform for any illegal or immoral purpose.
4. You must maintain control of Your Hausbuddy account and must not deal your account in any way, including by allowing others to use your account, or by transferring or selling your account or any of its content to another person.
5. You grant HausBuddy an unrestricted, worldwide, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, modify and adapt any content and information posted on the HausBuddy Platform for the purpose of publishing material on the HausBuddy Platform and as otherwise may be required to provide the HausBuddy Service, for the general promotion of the HausBuddy Service, and as permitted by this Agreement.
6. You agree that any information posted on the HausBuddy Platform must not, in any way whatsoever, be potentially or actually harmful to HausBuddy or any other person. Harm includes, but is not limited to, economic loss that will or may be suffered by HausBuddy Limited.
7. Without limiting any provision of this Agreement, any information you supply to HausBuddy Platform or publish in a Posted Job must be up to date and kept up to date and must not:
i. be false, inaccurate or misleading or deceptive;
ii. be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items;
iii. infringe any third party's copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or intellectual property rights, rights of publicity, confidentiality or privacy;
iv. violate any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export and import control, consumer protection, unfair competition, criminal law, antidiscrimination and trade practices/fair trading laws);
v. be defamatory, libelous, threatening or harassing;
vi. be obscene or contain any material that, in HausBuddy’s sole and absolute discretion, is in any way inappropriate or unlawful, including, but not limited to obscene, inappropriate or unlawful images; or
vii.contain any malicious code, data or set of instructions that intentionally or unintentionally causes harm or subverts the intended function of any HausBuddy Platform, including, but not limited to viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancel bots, Easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, modify, delete, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, access without authority or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
8. HausBuddy Platform may from time to time engage location-based or map-based functionality. The HausBuddy Platform may display the location of Service Requesters and Hausbuddy Service Providers to persons browsing the Hausbuddy Platform.
9. Each Service Requester will be asked to provide the street and Area where the Services are to be delivered. A Service Requester should never disclose personal details such as the Service Requester's full name, links to websites and social media accounts, phone number or email address in a Posted Job or in any other public communication on the HausBuddy Platform.
10. If you are a HausBuddy Service Provider, You must have the right to provide Services under a Job Contract and to work in the country of jurisdiction. You must comply with all tax and regulatory obligations in relation to any payment (including a Service Provider Payment) received under a Job Contract.
11. HausBuddy Service Providers must provide Services to Service Requesters in accordance with the Job Contract, unless the Services are prohibited by law, this Agreement, an agreement between the User and a Third Party Provider or by any of our Policies.
12. You must not, when supplying Services, charge a Service Requester extra Fees on top of the Service Provider Payment.
13. You must not request payments outside of the HausBuddy Platform from the Service Requester.
14. If a HausBuddy Service Provider agrees to pay some costs of completing the Services (such as equipment to complete the Services), the HausBuddy Service Provider is solely responsible for obtaining any reimbursement from the Service Requester. Hausbuddy advises Hausbuddy Service Providers not to agree to incur costs in advance of the Job Payment unless the Hausbuddy Service Provider is confident the Service Requester will reimburse the costs promptly.
15. If HausBuddy determines at its sole discretion that You have breached any obligation under this clause 13, it reserves the rights to remove any content, Posted Job or Offer You have submitted to the HausBuddy Service or cancel or suspend Your account and/or any Job Contracts.
The Service Requester has a twenty-four (24) hour period following the completion of a service (the “Dispute Period”) to inform HausBuddy Limited if the services performed by the Service Provider is not up to a standard reasonably required of a Service Provider (the “Customer Dispute”). HausBuddy Limited shall then inform the Service Provider of such complaints from the Job Requester.
In the event of a Customer dispute, the Service Provider agrees that he/she will return to the Job Requester to complete or rectify the service to an acceptable standard. No additional payment will be charged to the Service Requester for the performance of any rectification services in satisfaction of a Customer Dispute.
For the purposes of clarity, requested services will not be deemed to be completed (and an invoice will not be issued to the Job Service Requester for payment) until a Customer Dispute has been rectified.
The parties agree to find a suitable time for the disputed Service. The Job Requester will not be entitled to a refund whatsoever should they choose not to proceed with the rectification of the requested service.
By using our website, you agree not to post content that is political, racial, pornographic, or discriminatory in gender. You also agree not to post content that contravenes any applicable laws or ownership, related to trademark and / or copyright.
You also agree not to post foul language, or content that is extortive or threatening in nature, or personally damaging to any party (including 3rd-party users that may be surfing or browsing the site).
You agree not to misuse this website through activities that involve committing, facilitating or encouraging a criminal offence, transmitting / distributing a virus (or any technologically harmful material), hacking into any part of this website, corrupting data, sending unsolicited advertising or promotional material, or attempting to affect the performance or functionality of this website or any of its partners.
1. Upon the creation of a Job Contract, the User owes Hausbuddy some 12.5% Fees (Subject to change and determined from time to time). Fees will automatically be deducted from the Job Payment held in the Escrow Account upon payment to Service Provider.
2. If the Posted Job requires a HausBuddy Service Provider to incur costs in completing the Services, the cost incurred will not be included in any calculation of Fees.
3. Fees do not include any fees that may be due to Third Party Service providers. All Third Party Service providers are paid pursuant to a User's separate agreement with that third-party Service Provider.
4. HausBuddy may from time to time change the Fees and the terms applying to their payment. Any change relating to the Fees is effective thirty (30) days after HausBuddy notifies you of that change by sending a message to your HausBuddy account, or by notifying you the next time you login to the HausBuddy Platform.
5. All Fees and charges payable to Hausbuddy are non-cancellable and non-refundable. If Hausbuddy introduces a new service on the Hausbuddy Platform, the Fees applying to that service will be payable as from the launch of the service.
(a) The Service Requester and the Hausbuddy Service Provider mutually agree to cancel the Job Contract; or
(b) Following reasonable attempts by a Service Requester to contact a HausBuddy Service Provider to perform the Job Contract, the Job Contract is cancelled
(c) Hausbuddy is satisfied that the Job Scope Payment should be returned to the Service Requester,
HausBuddy will pay the Payment held in the HausBuddy Escrow Account to the Service Requester. HausBuddy may also pay to the account of the Service Requester, on behalf of the HausBuddy Service Provider, an additional amount equivalent to the Fees collected in connection with the Job Contract.
2. Any amount paid by HausBuddy Limited on behalf of a HausBuddy Service Provider under clause 1 will be a debt owed by the HausBuddy Service Provider to HausBuddy Limited.
3. If for any reason, Payment cannot be transferred or otherwise made to the HausBuddy Service Provider or returned to the Service Requester (as the case may be) or no claim is otherwise made for a Service Payment, the Service Provider Payment will remain in the Escrow Account until paid or otherwise for up to four months from the date the Service Requester initially paid the Job Payment into the Escrow Account.
4. Following the four months referred to in clause 3, and provided there is still no dispute in respect of the Service provider Payment, the Payment will be automatically converted to a Stored Value Voucher and credited to the Service Requester.